Why Everyone Should Have Career Coaching
Thursday, January 16th, 2014 by: Mandi Cloete
“Don’t ask what the world needs.
Ask what makes you come alive and go do it, because
what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman
Let’s face it, so much of our time is focused on work, so isn’t it important to be happy, fulfilled and satisfied with something we spend most of our time doing? Ask yourself these questions.
- Does work energise you, or drain you?
- What if you could make your career dreams a reality and live the life you want and truly deserve.
There are so many career and work choices nowadays that it can sometimes feel a bit overwhelming. That’s why people stick with the status quo. But if you aren’t working in a way that makes you “come alive”, maybe it’s time to make a change. You don’t have to feel stuck or lost in the process. As a qualified and experienced Coach, I will help you to get really clear on what you want from life and to connect deeply with your vision.
What is career coaching?
Career coaching is a recognized profession in which individual coaches can be trained, certified and attain membership in various national and international associations. In general, a career coach’s role is to be forward looking; helping you set goals and create positive career-related outcomes of your choosing.
How can a career coach help you?
Want to transition out of an organization (or have no choice)? Maybe you’re returning to work after an extended time at home raising children. Perhaps you feel stuck and want clarity about career direction and maybe you want your work to serve a larger purpose somehow.
Whatever the situation, you don’t have to figure it out on your own. Sometimes a little bit of help to get clarity will be the spark you need to move forward. A professional career coach can help you get that clarity while also providing the inspiration and resources you need to reach that next level.
What to expect when you start working with a coach?
As a qualified career coach, I’m on your side. I want to help you find a career that feels right – so that it contributes to your ability to live a happy and prosperous life. With a personal, intuitive, and relaxed style, I use best practice coaching techniques and my love of learning to provide the best value for all of my clients.
So what does a coaching journey look like?
- How well do you know yourself? – Depending on what works for you, I have a range of profiling assessments that we can use to give us greater insight into you as an individual – your values and personal motivations as they relate to your work – helping you to see yourself more clearly and to choose the career that really fits.
- So many options! – Now you have a more thorough understanding of yourself (what you have to offer, what matters to you, what you want and need from your work). Let’s look at how that connects with the career options you have available to you. We’ll talk about your ideas, your dreams, and your passions. Then it’s time to research. Find out the details you need to know so you can find the best match.
- Together – we can create an achievable plan of action that takes you, step-by-step, closer to your ideal career.
- And finally, a professionally developed resume to assist you in getting the job you want.
Are you ready to change your life so that you can live with a real sense of purpose, passion and fulfilment? Contact me to find out how we can customise your own plan to help you live the life you want to live.
Here is what some of my clients had to say about coaching:
“Before starting this coaching process with Mandi, I felt that I felt inadequate professionally and lacked control of my career. I expected someone to tell me what to do to change this and hence I sought coaching. Mandi effectively listened, allowed me to see myself and supported me in making commitments to achieving my goals. With each session and the exercises performed, I began to gain a clearer understanding of my situation, my values and what I wanted. This change of perspective brought purpose to my current job and career outlook, and I felt that I regained control of my career. Now I approach my current job purposefully and with ownership. I have set career goals, short and long term, and am taking action to achieve these”. JL
“Mandi I want to let you know that I am loving this (coaching journey). At the beginning I thought that there would be a big event that would fix everything. But now I realise that the change comes from within, slowly, one bit at a time, and I love it. Before I felt I was in crisis now I am focused on my future with the excitement of possibility. I now know I am responsible for making the change and creating the career and life I want and I can… I can..!” YN
“Thank you for helping me to find the resources to profoundly change my thinking. I like being me now and I’ve begun to get to know and celebrate the person who was hiding underneath all the layers of stress in my life. I am me, and that’s enough! I am so deeply grateful for the opportunity to work with you. You have helped me unchain my life. Thank you from the bottom of my heart” CO